A short drive to 3 great beaches.
- (10 minutes) Playa Tortuga (Turtle Beach) is long, generally deserted which is great if a quiet or private experience is what you seek, however there is very little shade. In the early morning, it's a great place to see pairs of Scarlet Macaws flying overhead.
- (15 minutes) Playa Ventanas (Windows Beach) is popular and usually lots of people. A scenic horseshoe cove with plenty of shaded areas, natural "windows" which the water has carved through the face of the rocks, and rustic public washrooms.
- (25 minutes) Playa Ballena (Whales Tail) is in the touristy town of Uvita.
There are several waterfalls nearby. The best time to visit waterfalls is during rainy season June - November, with peak water volumes in late October.
- Avancari Falls - 5 minute drive or 30 minute hike to the stunning vertical falls.
- El Pavon Falls - 20 minute drive, features a suspended rock, and natural pool for swimming.
- Cascada Verde - 20 minute drive, features a natural water slide and pool for swimming.
- Nauyaca Falls - 1 hour drive, and best seen as part of an official tour, we can arrange for you.
snorkeling & DIVING
45 minute drive to La Perla del Sur tour office in Sierpe. Tour the natural beauty of Sierpe river channels, mangroves and venture on the open water to Cano Island. Tour is 8am until 4:30pm and includes; aquatic transportation, snorkeling or diving gear, bilingual guide, lunch and drinks, entrance to the biological station.
Tours depart from Dominical.
Rapids class II and III for beginners or experienced persons. Price: $100 per person Time: From 8:00 am to 2:30pm Ages: 7 and up. Includes: Snack, lunch, transportation, professional equipment and lots of fun.
Rapids class III and IV. It is a fun run for the adventurous traveler. Price: $110 per person Time: From 6:30 am to 4:30pm Ages: 14 and up. Includes: Snack, lunch, transportation, professional equipment and lots of fun.